Many cold sore treatments come in the form of a gel, cream, or ointment. This solution by Quantum Health is different. Its uniqueness has many people looking at it as a revolutionary way to get rid of a cold sore quickly.
Instead of applying a messy gel to the blister, this product is a bandage that you place directly over the affected area. Because this is such a different concept, however, there are several questions to consider before deciding if it’s the right solution for you.
Whether you frequently get cold sores, or you just want to be prepared for an outbreak, having the right treatment on hand is important. The faster you treat a fever blister during the initial symptoms, the less severe it will become. Can a bandage work as well as a penetrating gel?
If you want to skip this review, and buy Quantum Health Lip Clear Invisible Cold Sore Bandage, CLICK HERE. Check out the product page on Amazon.
This article will cover the most important features of the Quantum Health Invisible Cold Sore Bandage. If you’re used to other treatment, taking a chance on something different could provide better results. But, does it work as well as its competitors?
We will focus on answering some common questions associated with this product, and talk about some of its best features, so you can decide if it’s the right treatment solution for your fever blister flare-ups.
Patch vs Cream
There are many reasons to consider if a cold sore patch more beneficial than a traditional cold sore cream, such as Abreva. When you use some topical ointment, there are risks involved. You could contaminate a tube of cream if you press it directly to the blister, which can lead to further shedding of this highly contagious virus. Many treatments also have a white film that can be embarrassing when applied. Finally, most cold sores occur around the mouth. Creams and gels that don’t have a secure bond can easily get washed away with saliva before they have a chance to penetrate into the skin fully.
With this cold sore bandage, many of those issues are eliminated.
First, each package comes with many bandages. You can replace them as needed, without contaminating the others. Wash your hands thoroughly after each application. When you apply one of the patches, it will look discrete no matter where you put it. They blend well with most skin tones. To help hide it, even more, you can safely cover it with a lip gloss. Not only does it hide the embarrassing cold sore, but the patch as well.
Finally, the bandage stays in place for hours. This gives the medication time to penetrate the affected area without washing away entirely. You can use it with or without makeup, and you’ll be able to cover up a cold sore and enjoy the same healing results.
How Does It Work?
This cold sore bandage has many built-in safety precautions. Let’s cover some of the most notable ways in which it can protect you and your blister.
- Protection from outside irritants – If dirt, debris, makeup, etc., can get into an open cold sore, it can cause a bacterial superinfection to the existing viral infection. Not only will this lengthen the healing time of a sore, but it can cause even bigger (and more painful) problems. The patch helps to protect the sore from these elements.
- Keeps itching at bay – Because the cold sore is concealed underneath the bandage, the most notable symptoms are instantly relieved. It reduces pain and itching.
- Prevents growth and spreading – If you’ve ever had a cold sore before, you know how contagious they can be. You should always avoid things like kissing or sharing utensils with someone. However, this bandage reduces the risk of spreading by completely concealing the blister. It’s still important to be careful and take extra precautions against spreading the virus, but when the cold sore is completely covered, it makes it more difficult for it to spread elsewhere.
Pros and Cons
Because this is such a unique product, there are features to consider that you may or may not like. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons associated with this invisible cold sore bandage.
- Easy to apply
- Protects cold sore from outside elements
- Soothes painful symptoms
- Reduces irritation
- Discrete/can be covered with makeup or gloss
- Reduces the risk of spreading
- May peel away quicker if the cold sore is directly on the lip (moist areas)
According to most reviews, the biggest drawback for this cold sore bandage is that it sometimes doesn’t stay in the place it should. This typically occurs if the blister being covered is somewhere on the lip, or on a spot of the mouth that has to open and close frequently. However, it isn’t a problem for everyone, and by concealing it even more with gloss or makeup, you can ensure the patch will stick for a longer period.
If you want an alternative, read our Compeed Invisible Cold Sore Patch Review.
As you can see, there are some significant benefits to this over the counter cold sore patch. It’s safe, clean, and simple to use. If you frequently get cold sores, being able to conceal them quickly can offer you peace of mind and help to get rid of embarrassment.
One of the biggest issues people typically have with flare-ups is how the painful symptoms affect their everyday lives. Finding a treatment that can alleviate symptoms quickly is usually a top priority. Quantum Health’s product delivers there, too. It soothes pain, itching, and irritation.
This bandage also works extremely well in one of the most painful stages of a fever blister – the scabbing stage. By covering up the scab, it’s less likely that it will split open and crack. So, your blister can heal faster, and more cleanly.
We hope this article has been beneficial for you as you choose the best cold sore treatment. Everyone has their personal preference when it comes to a strong solution. However, if you’ve never given a cold sore bandage a try, using this patch by Quantum Health is a great place to start.
- LIP CLEAR COLD SORE PATCH CONCEALS & PROTECTS – The only cold sore patch that uses hydrocolloid technology to maintain skin moisture for comfort & relief. The bandage also minimizes contact with the cold sore, which may reduce cold sore transmission.
- HYDROCOLLOID SOOTHING CLEAR COLD SORE BANDAGE – Also shields from irritants that exacerbate cold sore symptoms.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAKEUP - Feel free to use your lip gloss, makeup and/or concealer - used with the semi-transparent Lip Clear cold sore patch, they are the best solution to covering up annoying cold sores.
- STAYS IN PLACE – Lip Clear cold sore patches are designed to stay in place so you can achieve maximum cold sore protection and avoid unsightly lip scars from cold sores.
- THE QUANTUM HEALTH LYSINE LIP CARE REGIME - For optimal results, apply Lip Clear Lysine+ Cold Sore Treatment ointment before applying the Lip Clear Invisible Cold Sore Bandage. Together, they can calm cold sores and promote a faster resolution.
|(4.0 / 5)
|(3.5 / 5)
|(3.5 / 5)
|(4.0 / 5)
|(3.8 / 5)
- Browning WD, McCarthy JP. A Case Series: Herpes Simplex Virus as an Occupational Hazard. Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry. 2012;24(1):61-66. doi:10.1111/j.1708-8240.2011.00469.x.
- Slots J. Herpesviral-bacterial synergy in the pathogenesis of human periodontitis. Curr. Opin. Infect. Dis. 2007;20:278–283.
- Graham B. B., Kaul D. R., Saint S., Janssen W. J. Kiss of death. N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; 360, 2564–2568 10.1056/NEJMcps0806935
Last update on 2024-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API