Having to find a way to cover up the sores is bad enough. They’re extremely difficult to hide, even with the best makeup money can buy. On top of that, you have to deal with the bothersome tingling, itching, burning, and cracking on the lips. It’s completely miserable.
Don’t get too frustrated, though. There are ways to treat this insidious disease. All kinds of topical creams exist that are fast-acting and effective. One such product is Basic Organics Lysine Lip Ointment. It’s an affordable, easy-to-use treatment that can help a ton. Today, we’re going to provide a full review of this product.
Ready to Buy? CLICK HERE to Order Lysine Lip Ointment from Amazon!
Formulated with the powerful medication (lysine) and including essential vitamins, cocoa butter, and other substances, this ointment does a beautiful job of clearing up cold sores and giving instant relief from the symptoms associated with them.
It’s a gentle, easy-to-apply balm that is applied directly to the lips. You just rub a little bit of the ointment onto the affected areas as needed, and you’re good to go. There honestly couldn’t be a simpler way to treat your condition. Plus, it’s insanely affordable.
While hiding your sores may be your main concern when going out, another priority should be treating the symptoms. After all, what really makes this condition unbearable is the pain and discomfort that the blisters bring about. If you want a product that conceals and treats the condition, you should take a closer look at the Compeed Invisible cold sore patch in this review.
Lysine Lip Ointment works very well for soothing the skin around the infection. It greatly reduces the severity of burning, itching, and stinging sensations around the sores. It also does a great job of cutting down the amount of dryness and cracking that occurs around the lips whenever cold sores pop up. Cold sore relief comes almost immediately after applying the balm.
Once symptoms are taken care of the next biggest concern should be fighting the infection itself. This product is medicated with lysine, a substance known for its antiseptic and antiviral properties. The ointment, once applied, instantly starts penetrating sores and injecting this medicine into the infection.
The lysine helps to significantly reduce the spreading of the infection and speeds up the recovery process. This means your sores will be around for shorter times than normal and you’ll be back to feeling yourself much more quickly. The medicine is fast acting and highly effective.
The ointment absorbs into the skin very quickly, too. A lot of similar products go on rather greasy and don’t ever seem to penetrate the skin enough. This product, on the other hand, absorbs nearly instantly.
Want to End Your Suffering? CLICK HERE to Get Lysine Lip Ointment on Amazon!
Weary of using any medicated product without knowing what’s in it? Well, you are certainly a smart cookie. It’s always wise to check the label to see what ingredients are in the formula of a product before using it. This way you can avoid using substances that you know you’re allergic to or have bad reactions with.
Here are the ingredients found in the Basic Organics Lysine Lip Ointment:
- Vitamins A, D, and E
- Tincture of Benzoin
- Cocoa Butter
- Wax Base*
* – Most people seem to believe that this is made from beeswax.
This lip ointment is a very widely used product. Partially because it’s so cheap, but also because of its effectiveness. If you go to Amazon.com and check out the product you’ll see that there are many encouraging reviews posted by real customers.
Tons of rave reviews can be found for this product. Many people say it’s an extremely fast and effective treatment for cold sores. They say that the ointment helps reduce the duration of sores, relieves all symptoms, and helps speed up recovery times a lot.
Several people have also stated that this product works even better and faster than more expensive treatments such as tablets or even Abreva. A few users even said that if you use the product right when you feel the tingle on your lip that the product can prevent cold sores from ever forming in the first place.
- Relieves and soothes lip sores and fever blisters; goes on clear and is discrete
- Great for chapped lips, dry skin and minor skin irritations; helps build collagen to improve skin elasticity and firmness*
- Made with skin cell stimulating Vitamin A, soothing Vitamin D and Lysine, and moisture enhancing Vitamin E and cocoa butter*
- Gluten Free; Contains No Dyes, Phthalates, Alcohols, Sulfates or Synthetic Fragrances
- Includes one 0.875 oz jar; Manufactured in the USA
|(4.0 / 5)
|(3.0 / 5)
|(3.5 / 5)
|(4.5 / 5)
|(3.8 / 5)
- Singh BB, Udani J, Vinjamury SP, et al. Safety and effectiveness of an L-lysine, zinc, and herbal-based product on the treatment of facial and circumoral herpes. Altern Med Rev. 2005;10(2):123–127.
- Roberts JJ, Solanki NS, Kurmis R, Lammerink S, Wong KL, Greenwood JE. Prophylaxis against herpes simplex virus reactivation in patients with facial burns: a potential role for L-lysine. J Burn Care Res. 2013;34(6):e368–9. doi: 10.1097/BCR.0b013e3182685b59.
- Wan DC, Wong VW, Longaker MT, Yang GP, Wei F-C. Moisturizing Different Racial Skin Types. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2014;7(6):25-32.
Last update on 2024-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API