It may be hard to believe, but more than half of all people are carriers of the disease. Only about 10% or so actually develop contagious sores from it, though. Nevertheless, the individuals that do develop sores go through a lot of pain and embarrassment. The symptoms of cold sores are easy to identify, but repeat sufferers know that they are often itchy, cause a burning feeling, and aren’t easy on the eyes.
The good news, however, is that cold sores are treatable. There are tons of different products available that can help provide fast relief of the symptoms and use the best over the counter cold sore medicine to help speed up the healing process. One such product is the Herpecin-L Lip Balm Stick. Below, we’re going to talk more about this special lip balm and explain why it’s a great option for people suffering from cold sores.
Start Healing Your Lips. CLICK HERE to Buy this Cold Sore Lip Balm on Amazon!
Equipped with powerful ingredients that work well to stop cold sores fast, Herpecin-L is a specially-formulated lip balm that treats cold sores, provides relief from common symptoms of fever blisters, has built-in sunscreen to prevent sunburn, and gives moisture and nutrients necessary to heal the lips as quickly as possible.
This is a unique, pharmacist-recommended product that does a superb job of providing instant relief from burning, itching, and oozing, while at the same time injecting the lips with medication that speeds up recovery so you don’t have to suffer from cold sores for a week or longer. This product can be used as needed to prevent chapped lips, too. It works awesome as a preventative treatment as well.
A product that we like is by Campho-Phenique, which is excellent for treating the early stages of cold sores, including the more unpleasant symptoms. You should read more about Campho-Phenique cold sore treatment in this review.
How Fast Does It Work?
Whenever you get a flare-up of cold sores the last thing you want is to use a product that requires you to wait for it to start working. Herpecin-L begins working the second you rub the balm on your lips. The moment it touches your lips it starts soothing and healing. This means fast relief of the itching and burning, plus it instantly begins penetrating the skin, providing a dose of powerful medication that will reduce the healing time greatly.
How to Use It
This product works similarly to other lip balms. You simply need to apply it to your lips. The manufacturer recommends applying the balm to the affected areas the moment you feel a cold sore coming on (that tingling feeling) as well as 15 mins before going out in the sun.
To ensure comfort, you’ll want to gently rub the stick over your lips. Make sure you cover the entire affected area, but be easy while doing it so you don’t cause further irritation at the location of the sores. The balm can be reapplied as often as you like to relieve the symptoms.
- NOTE: This product is not necessarily intended for children under the age of 12. Please speak with your physician or pediatrician before using any health products on your child to make sure it is 100% safe. Children’s needs are different from adults and they may react differently to the balm than someone 13 or older.
Enjoy Instant Relief. CLICK HERE to Get Herpecin-L Lip Balm on Amazon.com!
If you want an FDA-approved product, read this Abreva cold sore treatment review. Many customers feel better about what they’re using when they know that a product has gone through extensive testing, and passed with flying colors.
The Herpecin-L Lip Balm Stick users a unique formula that relies heavily on dimethicone for relief and medication. There are many other ingredients in the mix, too, though. Below we’ve provided a full list of both the active and inactive ingredients in this product. Be sure to look it over before making a purchase.
- Dimethicone 1% (active)
- Meradimate 5% (active)
- Octinoxate 7.5% (active)
- Octisalate 5% (active)
- Oxybenzone 6% (active)
The dimethicone in this product is designed to be the primary skin protectant and healing agent in the balm. The other active ingredients listed above are mostly meant to act as a sunscreen.
Inactive ingredients include helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, petrolatum, ozokerite, mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, talc, titanium dioxide, beeswax, melissa officinalis leaf extract, cetyl lactate, glyceryl laurate, flavor, Lysine HCI, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, pyridoxine HCI, panthenol, and BHT.
Herpecin-L is one of the most popular and highly-rated cold sore treatment products on the market. Over at Amazon.com there 130+ customer reviews posted for the balm. From those reviews, the product has received some very respectable scores.
Quite a few people have commented on the product stating that it actually works much better than more popular options such as Abreva. A couple individuals have said that using this product, their cold sore breakouts go from being a week-long misery to just one or two days of slight discomfort. Others have said the balm is awesome for making your lips feel soothed, softer, and the pain is reduced significantly.
- HERPECIN L LIP BALM: Herpecin L Everyday Protection helps relieve and protect against cold sores, fever blisters, and chapped lips. It's formulated with lysine, Vitamins C, B6, and E, lemon balm and added SPF 30 protection.
- PROTECT AND TREAT YOUR LIPS: Treat your lips to soothing relief from dryness, sun blisters, and cold sores with Herpecin L. Find real relief from herpes related cold sores from real medicine, and protect your lips with Herpecin L lip balm with SPF 30.
- REAL RELIEF FROM REAL MEDICINE: Herpecin L soothes, moisturizes & creates a SPF 30 barrier to protect your lips against the sun's harmful UV rays. It does more for a cold sore.
- SPF 30 PROTECTION: UV rays can increase your risk of sun cancer, chapped lips, early skin aging & damaged skin can promote the development of cold sores. Herpecin L lip balm can help prevent sunburn.
- HERPECIN L FOR COLD SORES: Uniquely formulated with dimethicone & lysine, Herpecin helps relieve & protect painful cracking of lips & promotes healing of cold sores without numbing or drying.
|(4.0 / 5)
|(4.0 / 5)
|(4.0 / 5)
|(4.5 / 5)
|(4.1 / 5)
- Suzich JB, Cliffe AR. Strength in Diversity: Understanding the Pathways of Herpes Simplex Virus Reactivation. Virology. 2018;522:81-91. doi:10.1016/j.virol.2018.07.011.
- Nair B. Final report on the safety assessment of stearoxy dimethicone, dimethicone, methicone, amino bispropyl dimethicone, aminopropyl dimethicone, amodimethicone, amodimethicone hydroxystearate, behenoxy dimethicone, C24–28 alkyl methicone, C30–45 alkyl methicone, C30–45 alkyl dimethicone, cetearyl methicone, cetyl dimethicone, dimethoxysilyl ethylenediaminopropyl dimethicone, hexyl methicone, hydroxypropyldimethicone, stearamidopropyl dimethicone, stearyl dimethicone, stearyl methicone, and vinyldimethicone. Int J Toxicol. 2003; 22: 11–35.
- Ludema C, Cole SR, Poole C, Smith JS, Schoenbach VJ, Wilhelmus KR. Association Between Unprotected Ultraviolet Radiation Exposure and Recurrence of Ocular Herpes Simplex Virus. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2014;179(2):208-215. doi:10.1093/aje/kwt241.
Last update on 2024-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API