Because cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus, it’s important to look at the viral infection itself. This particular virus (HSV-1) will typically live dormant inside the body. However, it is extremely contagious.
People experience different triggers for cold sores, too. Being able to keep the virus at bay constantly can help to reduce the severity of these triggers. That can lessen the amount of time it takes for a cold sore to heal, and reduce the severity of its symptoms.
If you continuously suffer from outbreaks, you know how detrimental it can be. Frequent cold sore flare-ups can start to take control of your life. Herp Rescue claims that it can give you your life back with freedom from flare-ups.
CLICK HERE to Check Pricing & Read Customer Reviews on Amazon!
This review will focus on the healing and preventative features of Herp Rescue Immune Support Formula. Unlike many other cold sore treatments, this is not a topical solution. Instead, it is a supplement designed for those who experience frequent outbreaks. It suggests that you can be completely outbreak-free with regular use.
But, is it possible to avoid cold sore flare-ups altogether with a supplement like this? We’ll answer several questions about the product and how it works. We will also cover some of its advantages and disadvantages. If you frequently experience flare-ups, it’s important to know if this is the product that can truly change your life.
When it comes to a supplement, knowing the ingredients is the most important factor. After all, the formula is what determines how well the product will work against cold sores. Herp Rescue has taken almost all aspects of HSV-1 into account with this particular formula. Each ingredient has been added for a specific purpose. The ingredients include:
- Vitamin C: Helps to protect healthy cells from getting infected and boosts your body’s immune system.
- Zinc: Promotes a healthy immune system.
- L-Lysine: Common ingredient in cold sore treatments. Lysine is an amino acid that helps the body produce antibodies and can keep the herpes virus from spreading.
- Bee Propolis: Bee Propolis is another fairly common ingredient in cold sore products. It allows the body to put up a stronger fight against certain bacteria, viruses, and fungus.
Other ingredients include:
- Oregano oil
- Echinacea herb powder
- Olive leaf extract
- Red marine algae
Some people might be hesitant to ingest a supplement because of potential side effects. One of the best parts about Herp Rescue is that it’s completely natural. It uses these natural ingredients to help your body fight against the herpes virus. Instead of using chemicals or man-made ingredients, this specialized formula lets your own body do the work by giving it a boost.
After looking at the ingredient list, make sure you don’t have any allergies to anything within the formula. If you don’t, it’s very unlikely you will experience any negative side effects.
Some bonuses of this particular product are that it’s suitable for vegans as well. It is a plant and mineral-based formula that almost anyone can use. It is dairy free, gluten free, and nut free. They also manufacturer their supplements in the USA, and never test anything on animals. So, from an ethical and health standpoint, you can feel good about taking this every day safely.
Cold sores are triggered by various things for different people. For some reason, certain people seem more susceptible to these outbreaks than others. You may only experience one or two fever blisters in your lifetime. For others, though, it can be a frequent occurrence. Those are the people that this supplement aims to help.
Because the herpes simplex virus can be so unpredictable, it’s impossible to claim that a product can prevent cold sores completely. It all depends on how your body reacts to the virus itself, and if it allows it to ‘take over’ at times.
The formula in Herp Rescue is extremely powerful in fighting against the virus itself. It also helps your body to be better prepared for possible triggers. To say it can prevent you from ever having a flare up again may not be realistic. However, it can reduce their frequency, and how severe those flare-ups may be. If you’re someone who does get cold sores frequently, that can make a big difference.
Consider applying Carmex cold sore treatment if you want to tackle the virus externally.
How Quickly Does It Work?
Many topical cold sore treatments work best when you use them at the first sign of a flare-up. Herp Rescue is slightly different. It is meant to be regularly used as a preventative measure for those who experience frequent outbreaks.
You don’t have to wait for a cold sore to show up to start using the supplement. With daily use, the idea is to reduce their frequency and intensity. However, if you do start using them when you see a cold sore, the formula can help to speed up the healing process and make it less painful.
Because Herp Rescue comes in capsule form, it starts working right away. The company has patented a special design for their capsules. This design allows the natural healing ingredients to be absorbed by your body in a matter of seconds. When you start to fight against HSV-1 from the inside, you should notice the symptoms of a flare up significantly weaken quickly.
Cold sores can last anywhere from several days to several weeks, depending on their severity. Even if you start to use Herp Rescue when you notice initial symptoms, it can cut that healing time down significantly.
Value for Money
If you regularly take supplements for overall health, you know they can be a bit pricey. Herp Rescue falls in line with the average cost of most supplements. For some people, it’s a small price to pay not to have to deal with cold sores all the time.
However, it is a bit more expensive than topical fever blister solutions. So, while the price may be higher than what you’re used to, the value depends on how frequently you experience flare-ups, and what can be done to help.
Pros and Cons
Herp Rescue may be a unique way to treat cold sores fast, but is it the best way? That may depend on how frequently you experience outbreaks, and how intense they are. Let’s take a look at some of the best and worst features of this particular product. The more you know about what it can do, the easier it will be to decide if it’s the right solution for you.
- All-natural ingredients
- Gluten-free, vegan, and nut free
- Can be taken safely as a daily supplement
- Reduces the frequency and intensity of cold sore outbreaks
- Helps to boost your immune system naturally
- May not be necessary for people who only experience flare-ups periodically
- Won’t provide instant relief of symptoms like a topical numbing agent
This is one of the best formulas you can find for cold sores that don’t require a prescription or a visit to the doctor. But, it may be a good idea to think of it as a type of prescription. That’s because it will likely be a better solution for people who struggle with cold sores regularly. If you only get them once in awhile, you may not find these supplements to be worthwhile.
Anyone can use Herp Rescue Immune Support Formula safely. It contains all-natural ingredients and is safe for most dietary restrictions. If you want to take it as a daily supplement, it can reduce your risk of cold sores. It will help to give your immune system a boost in the process. Additionally, it contains several vitamins and nutrients that can help your body in other ways.
But, you’ll likely see more success from the product if you’re someone who gets a lot of cold sore outbreaks. It can be fairly expensive to use as a daily supplement for overall health, otherwise.
However, if you do suffer from cold sores often, it’s a great way to keep them under control and take control of your life once more. The company advertises it as a way to take back your social life, start dating, etc. No matter the reason you want to control outbreaks, Herp Rescue can help. It’s one of the safest and most natural ways to do so.
We hope this article has been especially helpful for you. It can be difficult to decide whether or not a supplement is right for certain health conditions. But, when it is made with natural ingredients like Herp Rescue, you can take confidence knowing how safe and effective it truly is.
- IMMUNITY SUPPORT FORMULA: Introducing Re+Gen's Immunity Support Formula, a highly effective, nonprescription over-the-counter product for immune system support. Our formula consists of pure ingredients of Lysine, Vitamin C, Zinc, Oregano Oil, Prunella Vulgaris, Red Marine Algae, Bee Propolis, and Olive Leaf Extract. All of which can provide immune-boosting benefits and support overall health.
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Specifically crafted for an immune boost, our Immune Support Formula includes Zinc which promotes immune health, L-lysine, an essential amino acid necessary for the production of all proteins in the body, Oregano Oil which can promote immune defense, and Vitamin C a highly effective antioxidant that can protect the body from harmful components, and a vitamin well known for supporting a healthy immune system.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Sourced from only the best, natural ingredients to support a healthy and strong immune system. Our immune support for adults is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, cruelty-free, and 100% vegan.
- EASY TO CONSUME CAPSULES: These are easy-to-swallow capsules that are convenient to incorporate into your diet. Each bottle includes 120 capsules.
- HIGH-QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS: Re+Gen Nutrition's supplements are proudly made in the USA in a GMP-verified facility to ensure purity and potency with absolutely NO dyes, fillers, or harmful ingredients.
|Convenience:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Speed:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Protection:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Recovery:||(0.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.5 / 5)|
- Worrall G. Herpes labialis. BMJ Clinical Evidence. 2009;2009:1704.
- Carr AC, Maggini S. Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2017;9(11):1211. doi:10.3390/nu9111211.
- Haase H., Rink L. Multiple impacts of zinc on immune function. Metallomics. 2014;6:1175–1180. doi: 10.1039/c3mt00353a.
- Henatsch D, Wesseling F, Kross KW, Stokroos RJ. Honey and beehive products in otorhinolaryngology: A narrative review. Clin Otolaryngol. 2015
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API