As one of the signature moments in life, your wedding day is a monumental event. On such a wonderful occasion it is only natural to want to look and feel your best. However, a cold sore outbreak can seek to ruin your plans.
Whether you need advice as it relates to prevention or answers, the material below can help. This is especially true if “How to heal a cold sore in a day?” is your primary question.
The more you learn about cold sores and how they form the easier they become to treat. Understanding the various triggers and how to cover your cold sore is important. Trying different methods of cold sore camouflage can help you make it through your wedding day.
While exclaiming, “I need my cold sore gone by tomorrow!” could seem like a dream, it can be achieved. Although long-term healing is important, wedding day help is what you are after.
How to Prevent a Cold Sore before It Starts
Is your wedding weeks or even months away? If so, you might be able to get a leg up. By learning how to prevent cold sores you can take action right away.
Do you live a relatively stress-free life? Do you regularly take supplements that promote immune health? Is your sleep pattern relatively solid? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you are already winning the battle.
Listed below are some impactful ways to prevent cold sores:
- Reduce stress. While we all have crazy days every once in a while, the key is to stay balanced. Not only will your mental state remain sound but so will your skin. Cold sores thrive on stress.
- If you enjoy burning the candle at both ends, you could be susceptible to cold sores. If you stay up long hours and get minimal sleep, your body can crash. A lack of sleep makes you more susceptible to cold sores. Developing a sleep routine can help immensely. If your body is refreshed, it will be less likely to fall victim to bacteria and virus-causing agents.
- You can help to prevent cold sores by taking vitamins. Vitamin C and E are essential when it comes to preventing cold sores. The daily consumption of orange juice can help in a positive way.
- Wash your hands. While this act seems basic and perhaps borders on common sense, hygiene is paramount. Good hygiene can keep germs and bacteria at bay. Additionally, being sanitary is simply a wise practice to adopt for many other reasons.
- HSV-1 impacts the mouth and lip region more than any area of the body. This is why cold sores are the hallmark manifestation of this virus. Moisturizing your lips with a balm can put a stop to your cold sores. Through the use of creams and medicated chapsticks, you can prevent cracks appearing on your lips and around your mouth.
What Are the Different Wedding Day Cold Sore Triggers?
If your wedding is just right around the corner, the last thing you want is a cold sore outbreak. One of the ways you can potentially prevent an issue is by understanding the cold sore triggers. If you know what to avoid, it’s more likely that you’ll be able to stay cold sore free.
- Stress is a trigger. Although everyone manages stress differently, if you can avoid sweating the small stuff you should be okay.
- The ability to maintain a positive standing of health is critical. General illness is a reason why people get cold sores.
- Weakened immune health. Remember the prevention methods involving hygiene and vitamins? They are coming into play once again. Cold sores feast on a compromised body. The stronger you are, the more your body can defend itself. If you already carry HSV-1 you need strong immunity to keep it at bay. Before your wedding day, it will be important to build up your immune system.
While fatigue, sunny and icy-cold weather conditions, and even hormones (menstruation and pregnancy) can trigger cold sores, the basics are noted above. If you have HSV-1, view your wedding day as a race. Would a runner want to be in top shape for a race? Of course. You should view your wedding in the same fashion. Train your body and keep cold sores under the radar.
Cold Sore Healing & Treatment
If you are currently dealing with a cold sore, you are in dire need of solutions. This is certainly the case if your wedding date is fast approaching.
While unfortunate, many people play the right cards concerning prevention yet still have no luck. If you have a cold sore, you need treatment and fast healing.
Briefly summarized below are two products that can be used to heal and treat cold sores:
- Herp Rescue. Touted as the most effective non-prescription OTC product on the market, Herp Rescue Immune Support Formula is a popular choice. Both GMP certified, and FDA approved, Herp Rescue is available in capsule form. Noted as 100 percent all-natural, Herp Rescue can potentially prevent the outbreak and spread of cold sores. This product is ideal for building immune health quickly.
- Compeed Invisible Cold Sore Patch. Acting as a fast healing and fast treatment method, the Compeed patch is a good option. Claiming to deliver 12 hours of continuous treatment, this remedy is popular. Serving as a virus shield, Compeed medicated cold sore patches are ideal for those looking for a quick fix before exchanging vows. It’s a great way of covering up the problem invisibly if it’s too late to do anything about your cold sores.
Cold Sore Camouflage Advice
Although makeup is certainly no alternative to treatment, it can help on your wedding day. If your cold sore has reached the healing stage and a scab has formed, you can conceal it.
Given weddings and glamor are often connected at the hip, using makeup to cover a cold sore fit right in. As long as you don’t have an open cold sore, makeup should not cause an infection. It doesn’t work well for covering up scabs, however.
Although the finer points are up to you, using concealer in the right spot can serve as cold sore camouflage.
- Use a cream concealer rather than a liquid. A Solid cream will be more likely to maintain the coverage area.
- Use two different shades of concealer if the cold sore is more than one color.
- The use of a makeup sponge is advised. Add a tiny amount and then build if necessary. Concealer that is caked could look worse.
Last-Minute Wedding Day Help
Now that you have armed yourself with knowledge and treatment methods, what is left?
If your wedding is tomorrow or even today, here are some things you can do as a last-minute aid.
- Sleep is critical. If your wedding is less than 24 hours away, just relax and sleep. Even something as simple as a 2 to 3-hour nap can be beneficial. If you have made it this far, then enjoy the moment. Take a nap, reduce your stress, and just focus on your happiness.
- The basic act of drinking water can fend off a last-minute cold sore. Water can also serve to heal an existing blister. Serving to flush toxins out of your body, water can play a critical role. Cleanse your body and strengthen your immune system.
- Adding some cold sore camouflage might take a few extra minutes. It is important to avoid rushing yourself. Take a few minutes, cover up the cold sore, and then walk down the aisle. Chances are you will soon forget you ever had a problem.
What If I Get a Cold Sore on My Wedding Day?
The ultimate actions lie with you. Courtesy of various treatment methods and concealment techniques, your wedding day can be blemish free. If you have a few days, start using a good treatment, such as the Virulite Cold Sore Machine. This FDA-approved product can sometimes promote healing in as little as 72 hours.
While everyone seemingly wants to know how to heal a cold sore faster or if Abreva works better than Orajel, the story is much bigger. The foundation is found in education. If you understand HSV-1, how it spreads, and its triggers, you can be proactive.
Although cold sores are never 100 percent preventable, being well-educated is important. As is the case with any virus, it is essential to know the full story. Once you learn which actions can have detrimental effects, you can act accordingly. If it’s already too late, you can conceal a cold sore from staring glances with the Compeed Invisible Cold Sore Patch.
Regarding your wedding day, just relax and live in the moment. And what if your worst fear is realized? Don’t sweat it. Confidence is high that “for better or for worse” includes a few minor cosmetic issues that can easily be hidden.