It promises much more than just instant cold sore relief, but healing for all sorts of ailments. This includes things like canker sores, fever blisters, and even dry skin.
With a ‘rapid relief’ formula, this cold sore treatment also promises to work quickly. So, if you’ve been dealing with a painful, blistering cold sore, this ointment could be just what you need. If you’ve experienced a cold sore before, you know how important a quick feeling of relief can be.
But, again, with so many cold sore treatment options available, what makes Oleavicin cold sore gel stand out? Let’s take a deeper look at how it works, what you can expect, and whether or not it can live up to its incredible treatment promises.
This natural cold sore cream uses the power of its organic ingredients to create a formula that is supposed to knock out cold sores quickly. It’s a medicated ointment that provides multiple forms of relief.
- First, it works as a moisturizer. Because of its rapid relief promise, this moisturization will help to soothe and calm any inflamed areas of the skin. It also helps to deal with painful cold sores that have burst or split open. Moisture is a ‘natural enemy’ of a cold sore, so when you introduce it, you’re likely to feel better.
- Second, it works by blocking away viruses. Cold sores are technically a part of the herpes virus. The effective formula in this ointment helps to prevent such viruses, thanks to different botanical ingredients. So, once you put it on, not only will it heal the existing virus, but it will help to prevent spreading.
CLICK HERE to Read Customer Reviews & Check Pricing on Amazon.com!
Additionally, you can use the ointment as a precautionary type of cream. You don’t have to wait until you get a cold sore to utilize the benefits it can provide. With its moisture-locking components and healing properties, you can use it as a regular lip balm. This can be especially effective throughout cold months. When the air is dry, your lips can be more prone to cracking. Or, if you’re someone who frequently gets cold sores, you can use it regularly as a preventative option.
Because of its all-natural ingredients, you can use Oleavicin regularly. Thanks to its botanical power, it fights against cold sores in two different ways. This ‘one-two punch’ can offer a huge relief for someone who is struggling with a blistering cold sore.
How To Apply
Everyday use is quite simple. All you have to do is apply the ointment to the affected area up to four times a day, as needed. It’s a good idea to clean the area beforehand. This can help speed up the process, and reduce the risk of the virus spreading.
The ointment comes in a small, discrete, squeezable tube. That allows anyone to be able to take it with them anywhere. It also makes applying it as easy as using any regular lip balm.
Oleavicin’s powerful relief formula uses the key ingredient of olive leaf extract. Other healing ingredients include aloe, barbadensis, allantoin, St. John’s Wort, and Bee Propolis. Whether you’ve heard of these ingredients or not, their active healing and restorative powers are what makes this product so effective.
The brand makes sure to showcase the importance of all-natural, organic ingredients. So, it’s important to take a look at those natural ingredients, to find out what they can do. Looking at them individually can make it easier to understand why Oleavicin works.
Olive Leaf Extract
Both olive leaf extract and olive oil are found in Oleavicin. These components contain special nutrients that can help existing viruses from spreading. This can be especially effective if you’re prone to breakouts of cold sores, and need the spreading to stop once and for all.
When you hear the word ‘aloe,’ you may already think of something soothing and calming. The same goes for this active ingredient. It’s a part of this ointment to help soothe any pain or discomfort you may feel from cracked or burst cold sores. That’s where the ‘instant relief’ claim comes in the most.
With similar properties to olive leaf extract, Allantoin helps to reduce the risk of spreading the herpes virus. It can keep the virus from regenerating and getting stronger, as well. This weakens the impact of existing cold sores while preventing new ones from appearing.
St. John’s Wort
A powerful ingredient on its own, St. John’s Wort is used as a natural relief for many skin conditions. It is an herb that is utilized through the oil found within it. This oil can help to ‘dry up’ existing cold sores, reducing the effects of blistering and bursting.
You may have heard of honey as a healing ingredient in some skin care products. Bee propolis is a resin from honey bees, offering similar healing properties. So much so, in fact, that it is supposed to help boost the immune system. A stronger immune system results in a greater fight against the virus that causes cold sores in the first place. This can make them disappear much quicker.
Is Oleavicin Safe to Use?
This Oleavicin ointment uses 100% natural, organic ingredients. With that in mind, there should be no negative side effects when it is used according to direction. The product does suggest that you only use it for the affected area. It also recommends keeping it away from children under two years of age, but children older than that should be able to use it with no problems.
The only possible safety risk occurs if you have an allergy to one of the active ingredients. Because the ingredients are a bit rare, you may not realize you have the allergy until you’ve already used it. It’s advised that you stop using the ointment immediately if you have an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients.
People have plenty of positive things to say about this healing ointment. While the positive reviews mostly come from people saying that the product works exactly as advertised, there are a few unique reviews to consider, too.
Some people want others to know that a little goes a long way. Others suggest that it’s the only thing that works for their cold sores. Some suggested that it works on a variety of different problems, from chapped lips to patches of dry skin on the body.
Of course, there are a few things to keep in mind from people who weren’t completely satisfied with the product. The biggest complaints have to deal with the price of the product, which can be seen as pretty pricey for a small bottle of ointment. Some people also claim it simply didn’t work as advertised.
Does Oleavicin work? When you take into consideration the positive reviews, the natural ingredients, and how those active ingredients work separately, it’s fairly safe to say that Oleavicin will provide relief to your cold sores. For some people, it appears to work better than for others. However, that seems to be the case with just about any treatment option.
Where Oleavicin ‘wins out’ is in its ingredients, themselves. There aren’t a huge number of treatment products on the market that claim to be all-natural and organic. This can be a big selling point for a lot of people. Not only because it means you can feel good about what you’re using for your body, but there are likely to be no negative side effects.
It is designed to work whether you have one cold sore or a breakout. If you find yourself plagued with cold sores regularly, it could be a great solution. Though it may be pricey, its effectiveness can counteract that cost. In essence, it’s “worth it” to provide instant relief. If you’ve had to live with a cold sore for any length of time, you probably already know that.
Taking both positive and negative reviews into account is important. But, Oleavicin seems to have nothing to hide. They list their ingredients proudly and explain what they do simply. With no ‘bait and switch’ to the product, they are resting on the power of the botanical ingredients. There is something to be said for that, as it shows confidence from the company in their product.
Perhaps it works better for some people than others. But, if you’re looking for soothing relief from your cold sores, this is likely a good place to find it quickly.
- FOR COLD SORES & DRY LIPS: This medicated, maximum strength soothing lip gel is designed to be used on cold sores. Not only this, but it works to protect, comfort, and moisturize dry, cracked lips while protecting them from unwanted cold sores.
- SOOTHING INGREDIENTS: Oleavicin’s lip gel has been crafted with a special, patented formulation. It combines the potent, healing powers of olive leaf extract with St. John’s wort, bee propolis, allantoin and aloe badensis. St. John's wort is an ingredient used in aiding the relief of many skin ailments. Bee propolis is a natural resin collected by honey bees from tree buds. Allantoin is a potent antioxidant and aloe badensis is known to possess remarkable soothing and healing properties.
- RAPID RELIEF FORMULA: The potent, olive leaf extract and other bionutrient ingredients may help in providing relief to cold sores, as well as dry, cracked, lips. The patented formulation works to attack and reduce the inflammation caused by your cold sore. It does so with safe, natural, ingredients that don’t react harshly with your skin. This product is safe to use, even if you are pregnant or nursing.
- SEAMLESS APPLICATION: Oleavicin is safe to use as often as you need it and can be applied as frequently as necessary to relieve your symptoms. Being that this formula is contained in a lip gel product, it provides a convenient, no-mess solution. All you have to do is apply the lip gel with a clean swab, to ensure cleanliness. Please wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap before and after application to help prevent the spread of your cold sore.
- TRUST OLEAVICIN: Oleavicin uses patented science to create an exclusive formula of several botanical agents with the “bio power” be used on cold sores, as well as a wide variety of other skin afflictions. If you’re not completely satisfied with Oleavicin, you may simply return the unused portion and your original purchase receipt to us for a full refund. We are here for YOU.
|Convenience:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Speed:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Results:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Value:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.9 / 5)|
- Ganjhu RK, Mudgal PP, Maity H, et al. Herbal plants and plant preparations as remedial approach for viral diseases. VirusDisease. 2015;26(4):225-236. doi:10.1007/s13337-015-0276-6.
- Hashmi MA, Khan A, Hanif M, Farooq U, Perveen S. Traditional Uses, Phytochemistry, and Pharmacology of Olea europaea (Olive). Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine : eCAM. 2015;2015:541591. doi:10.1155/2015/541591.
- Fox LT, du Plessis J, Gerber M, van Zyl S, Boneschans B, Hamman JH. In Vivo skin hydration and anti-erythema effects of Aloe vera, Aloe ferox and Aloe marlothii gel materials after single and multiple applications. Pharmacognosy Magazine. 2014;10(Suppl 2):S392-S403. doi:10.4103/0973-1296.133291.
- Ozcelik B, Kartal M, Orhan I. Cytotoxicity, antiviral and antimicrobial activities of alkaloids flavonoids and phenolic acids. Pharm Biol. 2011;49:396–402.
- Abtahi Froushani SM, Esmaili gouvarchin Galee H, Khamisabadi M, Lotfallahzade B. Immunomudulatory effects of hydroalcoholic extract of Hypericum perforatum. Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine. 2015;5(1):62-68.
Last update on 2023-02-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API